Do you and your family love the taste of mushrooms in your food? Some individuals hardly consider eating much of anything unless it does include mushrooms in the recipe. Do you and your family enjoy sharing a meal that includes ham or pork? Some people enjoy pork as a favorite type of meat and they love eating all sorts of recipes that include pork as well as mushrooms. Mixing and blending these two ingredients can produce some mouthwatering dishes that even the best chef would be proud to serve.
You can include mushrooms in white gravy as well as brown and red gravy to enhance just about any dish by including them in the mix. Mushrooms have a wonderfully appetizing earthy, mellow flavor that can compliment many different types of meat, pasta, rice, and vegetable dishes. It is one of the most popular types of ingredients to include for enhancing the flavors and aromas.
One of the best things about using a good recipe is that you can change it to suit your particular needs. You can also adapt them to suit the ingredients you have on hand as well as exchanging various herbs and spices for something else. When you are ready for something good to eat consider making this recipe for your family. Just about anyone who loves pork and enjoys eating mushrooms will love to try this delicious medley of flavors.
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 pounds ½ inch thick pork chops
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 small diced onion
- 1 cup stock or broth
- ½ teaspoons crushed thyme
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 Tablespoons cold water
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 2 Tablespoons parsley
- Using a large saucepan or skillet over a medium high setting, you will add the vegetable oil to heat and then brown the pork chops. Remove from heat. Salt and pepper to taste and then set aside until needed.
- Into the hot skillet add the onions and mushrooms to the pork drippings and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the stock or broth, thyme, salt and stir to blend. Add cooked pork chops to the skillet and then cover with lid. Simmer for about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Remove pork chops and transfer to a serving platter to keep warm. Reserve the juices.
- To prepare the mushroom gravy you will spoon off the fat from the juices and then measure to a ½ cup of liquid even if you have to add a bit of water.
- Combine cold water and flour and then stir this mixture into the mixture in the skillet. Add parsley and stir. Cook while stirring to reach a slow bowl and until thickened for about a minute. Allow to cool slightly and then serve by spooning over pork chops.
- You can complete this meal by including some corn or sweet peas.