“This is an elegant and quick romantic dinner for two. Wonderful served with steamed asparagus and baby red potatoes.”
Filet Mignon with Rich Balsamic Glaze
Author: Linda W.
- 4 (4 ounce) filet mignon steaks
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup dry red wine
- Sprinkle freshly ground pepper over both sides of each steak, and sprinkle with salt to taste.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Place steaks in hot pan, and cook for 1 minute on each side, or until browned. Reduce heat to medium-low, and add balsamic vinegar and red wine. Cover, and cook for 4 minutes on each side, basting with sauce when you turn the meat over.
- Remove steaks to two warmed plates, spoon one tablespoon of glaze over each, and serve immediately.