Imagine you have a piece of paper. Next imagine that you are crumbling the piece of paper into a ball. Then picture yourself opening up the crumbled up ball of paper. Now envision yourself trying to smooth out the wrinkles you caused by crumbling the piece of paper into a ball. The piece of paper opens up and straightens out mostly flat, but there are still hundreds of wrinkles that would seem impossible to completely disappear and make the paper look new again.
Ideally, you would choose not to crumble up the paper in the first place and avoid the wrinkling all together. Wrinkles can appear anywhere on your skin. On the face is the most noticeable. You may be able to reduce lines and even help small ones to disappear with skin treatments for wrinkles. But, preventing new ones from forming is your greatest chance to fight the aging battle.
The Top 10 Skin Treatments for Wrinkles
1. Protect. Protect your skin from the UV rays of the sun as much as you can. The UV rays break down the fibers in your skin that are responsible for keeping your it flexible and hold its shape.
2. Keep Pure. The environment can have an impact on the epidermis which is the top layer of your skin. Daily cleansing the epidermis will wash off pollutants, dirt, and oil that can be damaging.
3. Exfoliate. Gently scrubbing your face and body will expel dead skin cells and help new cells to regenerate and renew themselves.
4. Refresh. By using a toner for your face you will be able to remove excess cleanser and residue. They can also restore your pH balance on the epidermis.
5. Use Moisture. Emollients or creams are formulated to keep the outer layer of your face and body moist. They also help to retain moisture and in consequence keep the shape of the epidermis.
6. Water. Keep hydrated from the inside out is one of the best things you can do. Not only will it help avoid getting new wrinkles, it may also help to reduce ones already present. Water helps to detoxify and renew cells.
7. Avoid alcohol and tobacco. Studies show that tobacco use breaks down the fibers that are elastic by nature. Alcohol is drying and can draw out moisture.
8.Nutrients. Consuming plenty of fruits and vegetables will greatly support your body’s ability to keep cells healthy and regenerating.
9. Vitamins. Make sure you are not deficient in vitamins and minerals.
10. Skin Treatments for Wrinkles. Creams, ointments, and facials can be helpful.