As you enter your 40s your skin is the first thing that will betray your age no matter how hard to try to stay young looking. Your skin is sure to lose its elasticity and luster as the skin cells become weak; it will start to sag and wrinkle sometime during your fourth decade especially if you are on the thin side. Even if there is nothing you can do to reverse the first signs of aging, you can definitely hide them with a great deal of success. The following make up tips will enable you to look your very best since they will help cover up your wrinkles:
1. Avoid using foundation as far as possible since it will only settle inside your wrinkles and make them more prominent. It is best to use tinted moisturizer to hide flaws on your skin. If any part of your face needs added coverage then a very light foundation will suffice. However, it is best to go for darker shades instead of paler to hide wrinkles.
2. Do not apply powder to your skin under any circumstance since it will make it look dull and highlight wrinkles. In fact, you should always opt for creams instead of powders when it comes to all makeup including rouge and eye shadow.
3. Make your skin appear plumper by applying moisturizer to it before you use any other product. Not only will moisturizer temporarily fill out your wrinkles but it will also make your skin look bright and young.
4. Use a highlighter pen to do spot coverage of wrinkles on your face. It can be used to hide frown lines and crow’s feet with equal ease. It is also very effective at covering wrinkled and discolored skin under your eyes.
5. Highlight your eyes to draw attention away from other parts of your face. Apply eye makeup with a deft hand and keep it light or else the effect will be unintentionally aging. Do not forget to groom your eyebrows well.
You will be able to erase years off your age if you can successfully hide your wrinkles. In addition, you should use the glossy lipstick to make your lips appear plumper. You should also get a good hairstyle that helps you look younger than your age. In fact, these tips will enable you to stay young looking for as long as possible without needing to resort to surgical treatments.