In the realm of beauty, Hair Straighteners have become immensely popular as one of the best alternatives to get silky, smooth and straight hair. These versatile tools, also known as flat irons, can prove amazingly beneficial for all types of hair, be it curly, wavy, thick, damaged or even naturally straight hair. These straighteners make the unmanageable hair remarkably straight within minutes by using a heating element. However, one must choose the Hair Straighteners carefully by keeping certain important considerations in mind to prevent causing damage to hair.
- The Natural Texture Of The Hair: The choice of Hair Straightener is significantly influenced by the texture of the hair. Thick and coarse hair requires high temperatures to become perfectly straight; on the other hand, high heat can easily damage thin fine hair. Therefore, one must choose the hair irons that are accompanied with multiple heat settings for all types of hair.
- Plate Width Of The Hair Straighteners: Another important determinant is the size and width of a Hair Straightener’s plates. People with short hair should consider buying slim plates whose width generally ranges from 2.5 to 3 centimeters. Similarly, people with medium to long hair should opt for wide plates ranging from 4 to 6 centimeters as broad plates can provide ease of straightening for long thick hair.
- Materials Of Hair Straighteners: Nowadays, various varieties of hair straighteners, made up of different materials, are available in the market. The 3 most prominently used Hair Straightener are:
- Ceramic Hair Straightener: It is one of the best Hair Straighteners as it can effectively manage almost all types of hair without causing any damage to the texture of hair. It gets heated up quickly and leaves the hair smooth and shiny in no time.
- Titanium Hair Straightener: These are the most sturdy and lightweight straighteners. They also get heat up rapidly and they have the ability to straighten down even the tightest curls within minutes.
- Tourmaline Hair Straighteners: Tourmaline is also a naturally occurring material with an excellent ability to retain heat for a longer period of time. Thus, it straightens the hair by instantly heating up the cuticle inside the shaft of the hair.