Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki sauce is one of Subway’s biggest success. The sandwich is made with teriyaki-glazed white chicken breast strips, onions, lettuce, tomatoes, green peppers, olives pickles and/or jalepinos.
However the Sweet Onion sauce is what sets it apart from all other teriyaki chicken sandwiches out there.
Now you can have your own version of this glorious sauce at anytime.
Enjoy it with your family and friends and share this recipe.
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon minced white onion
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon buttermilk powder
- ¼ teaspoon lemon juice
- ⅛ teaspoon poppy seeds
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- pinch cracked black pepper
- pinch garlic powder
- Combine all the ingredients in a small microwave-safe bowl.
- Heat the mixture uncovered in the microwave for 1 to 1½ minutes on high until the mixture boils rapidly.
- Whisk well, cover, and cool.