So coffee is delicious and worth exploring. Pudding is also very delicious and worth exploring. Now, an incredible genius figured out that if you put coffee and pudding together, you come up with a rather incredible dessert that is going to dance on your taste buds in the best tango that can be danced.
Coffee pudding is an ideal dessert for when you will have friends and family over because it can be made as late as a day in advance, there is little prep time and effort that needs to be put into creating the pudding.
The ingredients for the dessert are easily obtainable and can be found at any grocery store, if you do not already have them in your home.
- One and a half cups of heavy cream (if you do not have heavy cream but you do have half and half, that will work great too. You just need a cream that is thicker than milk).
- A half cup of espresso or a bold k cup coffee (you just need a coffee flavor that will stick out and be tasted, even with the other ingredients).
- Two tablespoons of cornstarch.
- A quarter teaspoon of salt.
- A quarter cup of brown sugar (paired with the salt, these two ingredients will help create a sweet and salty flavor that gives it great flavor).
- The first step is to take a medium sized sauce pan and mix in the cream (half and half) and the coffee (make sure to brew the coffee before adding it in).
- Bring the pan to medium heat and make sure the cream does not boil over.
- Take a small bowl and mix the cornstarch, salt, and brown sugar. Take a whisk to the mixture so there are no clumps in it.
- After the cream and coffee mixture has simmered for a bit, mix in the dry ingredients from the small bowl. Continue to whisk this to make sure it all mixes well and does not create clumps.
- Boil the pan for about a minute, not too hot, though. Pour hot pudding through a strainer so you catch any lumps.
- Pour the pudding into serving dishes and then cover the dishes with plastic so a skin does not form on the pudding.
- Place the pudding dishes in the fridge.
- If you wish, go ahead and add some whipped cream on top.