Easy Chicken Kabobs
Chicken kabobs are an easy, delicious main dish to prepare for guests or for your family any day of the week. It is actually an easy recipe even though you might think you require commercial grilling equipment. Chicken kabobs are one of my favorite meals- bite sized pieces of chicken char-grilled to perfection served on a skewer alongside bite sized pieces of veggies also char-grilled to perfection.
My kids are very picky eaters and they cannot get enough of this recipe. It’s actually one of the family’s all-time favorite meals, and it couldn’t be easier.
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 green peppers, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 onion, cut into bite-sized chunks
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Marinate the chicken. Start by combining the minced garlic, the lemon juice and the olive oil in a small mixing bowl. Use a whisk to make sure all the ingredients combine fully together. Place the chicken cubes in to the bowl and let them sit- the longer, the better. I usually let my chicken marinate for at least 45 minutes, but letting the chicken marinate overnight is even better!
- Thread the chicken and veggies onto the skewers, alternating between chicken and veggies. If you are using wooden skewers, be sure to soak them in water for 30 minutes ahead of time to make sure they don't burn in the oven. If you are using metal skewers, then you can obviously skip this step.
- Place in oven and bake for about 25-30 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- Place under a preheated broiler on HIGH for another 5 minutes, to get some nice color on the chicken and veggies.
- My kids are generally very picky eaters and they could not get enough of this delicious recipe for chicken kabobs. The marinated chicken cubes and the flavored veggies make this a delicious and easy recipe for everyday. If you are making this into a chicken kabob wrap sandwich, you will want to add some sauce to be poured over the chicken and veggies. An easy sauce is a tzaziki cucumber lemon sauce, made simply by combining yogurt, lemon juice, minced garlic and minced cucumber in a small bowl.
- Serve warm over a bed of rice or in a pita for an easy kabob wrap. Enjoy!