Cakes are present in many occasions in our lives. To bake your own is simply the best instead of simply buying from a bakeshop or at the mall.
Baking cakes is one of the best things to do in the kitchen. When I decided to perfect my baking skills, I started on learning how to bake cakes properly. Here are some tips so you can bake that perfect cake in the least effort and the best way possible.
1. Make sure that the ingredients are within room temperature. If you have to take them from the refrigerator, do so at least 60 minutes before you bake.
2. Make sure to use only fresh eggs. To test for freshness, put the egg in a bowl of water. If the egg sinks, it means it is fresh. If otherwise or if it floats in the water, don’t use it because it’s not fresh anymore.
3. To make sure the ingredients are measured accurately, use a digital kitchen scale.
4. Use a silicone baking mat to save on parchment paper and to avoid all the dirty greasing work, which also takes up a lot of your time.
5. You can bring a cold egg from the refrigerator to normal room temperature quickly by immersing it in lukewarm water for about 30 minutes. Lukewarm doesn’t mean hot.
6. Use the proper amount of sugar. Make sure it is measured accurately as the use of too much sugar may result in a dark crust while too little of it may result in very light crust. So, just use the right amount.
7. Use a pinch of salt to bring out sweetness in baked goodies such as cakes.
8. Be sure to wait for the oven to be in the right temperature before you put in the cakes into it. This will ensure the best results in your baked cakes.
9. Make sure that the cakes are not touching the sides of the oven. And if you are putting more than one cakes in the oven, be sure they do not actually touch each other.
10. Only rotate the cakes after being in the oven for twenty minutes. Do not give in to the temptation of touching it before the 20 minutes time frame.
11. Too little time for frosting your cakes? Try sprinkling on powdered sugar on your cakes. It actually does tastes good and makes your cakes look good without you having to spend too much time on frosting and finishing.