Have you seen women donning curly hairstyles? If yes, then you must know how gorgeous curly locks can make a woman look. Do you have curly locks, but struggling to style them? Then, reading this article will solve your problem up to a great extent. Here, we have discussed about the best ways of keeping this type of hair soft smooth.
• The biggest problem with curly locks is that they are often extremely dry. This makes shampooing your hair and applying conditioner at regular intervals extremely important. The conditioner will work by replenishing the moisture you hair will lose as a result of being washed. Ideally, you should use a conditioner meant for dry hair. Another benefit of applying a conditioning agent onto this type of hair is that it facilitates the detangling procedure.
• Use any shampoo of your choice for shampooing your curly hair; just make sure that you use a deep cleaning shampoo at least once every week. This will help you in eliminating all the dust and oil absorbed by your scalp.
• You must have hard people saying that the best way of drying up your hair is towel drying. This statement might be true for many, but definitely not for people with curly hair. To be more precise, towel drying might cause frizzing of curly locks. Thus, for you the best way of drying your hair is blow drying for 5 minutes. Don’t use the blow dryer for more than five minutes as it will make your hair excessively dry.
• If you don’t want your hair to look extremely frizzy, you can use products like curl defining creams and anti-frizz gels.
• Do you have combination locks? Are some parts of your hair matted, frizzy and coarse and the other parts are straight and smooth? If yes, then treat both parts separately. This is important because both kinds of hair require different hair care products for staying healthy and beautiful. While the products mentioned above are enough to keep your curly locks healthy, for the part with smooth and straight hair you should choose shampoos and conditioners meant for normal hair.
• Don’t forget to oil your hair every day before going to bed. This will help you in reducing the coarseness of your hair. If you want to straighten your locks a bit, tie your hair tightly after applying oil. Go to bed with your hair tied and when you will get up in the morning your hair will become much more manageable.