Baked Chicken Breasts
There are about a thousand ways to prepare chicken. I may season it with salt and pepper or use many herbs. Since dark meat is unhealthy, I use chicken breasts most of the time to cook with. I prefer my chicken fried but as you know fried foods isn’t good for you either. I bake, boil, or grill my meat..
This recipe is an oven alternative to fried chicken but without flour. I substitute crushed cereal for the flour since flour has a high glycemic index. It’s best to omit flour, sugar, potatoes, and white rice from your diet or simply cut white foods. They seem to cause the most health problems.
In this recipe I use garlic paste to make the meat spicy. It is beneficial to eat spicy foods with hot chilis and peppers. It helps to circulate your blood. Spicy food and a spicy relationship is a great combination for a better intimate connection.
In this recipe I used two chicken breasts. It isn’t necessary for me to cook a lot of food since it’s just my daughter and me. If you have a big family, increase the seasonings if you are using more than two pieces of meat. Here’s my recipe for oven baked chicken breast
- 2 to 3 chicken breasts (bone in)
- 2 cups corn or rice cereal
- 1 tbsp coriander
- 1 tbsp herb and garlic seasoning
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (for each breast)
- ½ stick of butter
- 1 tsp garlic paste (a mix of garlic, chilis, & vinegar)
- Pre-heat oven to the temperature of 350 degrees; wash chicken and pat dry. Season the meat with 1 tbsp coriander and 1 tbsp herb and garlic seasoning; I use Mrs. Dash. Sprinkle 1 tbsp black pepper over the meat. Generously season the chicken with the sea salt. If you want a better flavor, set the meat in the refrigerator for about an hour. In a food processor pulse 2 cups of corn cereal. Put the cereal in a bag. Add the seasoned chicken breasts and shake around coating the meat. Place the coated chicken in a casserole dish. For each piece of chicken add 1 tbsp lemon juice over the meat. Melt the ½ stick butter in the microwave. Pour the melted butter over the seasoned breaded chicken. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes. I serve this juicy breaded chicken with some vegetables and tomato stew.